Heidelberg ProMinent Fluid Controls India Private Limited is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. We encourage you to read this policy carefully so that you understand our information handling practices.
Personal Information and why do we collect it?
In order to provide our customers with our products and services, we may collect and use Personal Information about them. If we are not provided with all the Personal Information we request, we may not be able to supply our products and services to you, and you or your organisation may not be able to participate in future offers of goods or services which we supply.
Personal Information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including: face to face contact, correspondence, telephone conversations, by facsimile, or email, via our website www.prominentindia.com, from your website, from media publications and articles and from third parties.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information for the following primary purposes:
- to meet our legal obligations;
- to identify our customers, potential customers and their representatives;
- to provide our products and services or other benefits to you;
- to communicate with you;
- to inform you of any initiatives we think may be of interest to you;
- to inform you about our products and services and the benefits of using our products and services;
- to provide you with information about offers or other benefits that may become available;
- to seek your opinion or comments about our products and services;
- to carry out billing and debt recovery activities;
- to carry out our management, administrative, quality assurance and complaint handling activities in a professional and efficient manner;
- to develop and implement initiatives to improve our products and services;
- to register security interests on the Personal Property Securities Register;
- to assess your (or your organisation’s) request for credit or deferred payment terms or interact with you as guarantor;
- to conduct credit checks via Dunn and Bradstreet or equivalent;
- to contact you to enable us to manage your account and fulfil our obligations to you or your organisation; and
- to recover monies owing to us from time to time.
We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information (or opinion) about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- for the primary purpose for which it was obtained;
- for a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose; and
- with your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. For example, from any other organisation with which you have had dealings or which you have nominated to act as trade referee, from a credit reporting body or from publicly maintained records. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed to our related entities, service providers and contractors that help us supply our products and services. For example, we may disclose the personal information we collect to our information technology providers, providers of marketing and promotional services, professional advisers such as legal practitioners and accountants, debt collectors and insurers.
Except as indicated above, we will not disclose your personal information to a third party unless:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- the third party is our service provider or contractor, in which case we will require them to use and disclose the personal information only for the purpose for which it was provided to them;
- the third party is a person involved in a dealing or proposed dealing (including a sale) of all or part of our assets and business;
- the third party is a credit reporting agency, your creditor, banker, financier, credit provider, mortgage insurer or trade insurer;
- the disclosure is to a related entity; or
- the disclosure is permitted, required or authorised by or under law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. ProMinent will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, please advise us so we can modify our records and ensure we can continue to provide a quality service to you. We will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
As our business evolves, our business processes and policies will be reviewed and may be amended. We may change this policy at any time. We will notify you of any change by posting an updated version of the policy on our website. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to check our website and make sure you keep up-to-date with any changes to this policy.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that your personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or the APPs, please contact us at the contact details listed below so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction.
Our privacy officer will:
- listen to your concerns and grievances;
- discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and
- put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
No disclosure to overseas recipients
We are not likely to disclose personal information to overseas recipients.
Heidelberg ProMinent Fluid Controls India Private Limited
No.2/2, MES Road
Bangalore – 560022
Phone: 080-23087600 – 30 / 23578872/73/74